ADVANCING THROUGH THE PROGRAM:
From age 7 through 18, youth progress through levels by demonstrating The First Tee Nine Core Values, life, and golf skills as well as passing an assessment. All participants regardless of age start at the PLAYer level. The pinnacle of The First Tee is completing Ace.
- PLAYer (required minimum age 7) – Tee it up for the first time and learn the game of golf and The First Tee’s Code of Conduct
- PAR (recommended minimum age 9) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course
- BIRDIE (recommended minimum age 11) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality
- EAGLE (recommended minimum age 13) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning
- ACE (required minimum age 14 or entering into 9th grade) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community. (The Pinnacle of First Tee – Achieving ACE)